How To View Your Facebook Profile As Someone Else
Have you ever thought about how your friends view your Facebook profile? Maybe some information that you don’t want to leak actually is visible to your visitor or your friends. You can’t see it because what you see in your profile is different from what the other people see. That’s why you need to become someone else. Is it possible? Of course, it is. You can become not yourself and this is how to view your Facebook profile as someone else.
View Profile Directly From Profile Page
You may don’t know how your profile looks like to your friends. But, Facebook has a way that makes you view your profile as the public sees yours. And the steps on how to view Facebook profile as someone else is not hard to follow.
- What you need to do first is go to your profile page. This is how your profile looks like in your eyes.
- And to change it to another perspective, move your cursor to the dots beside your photo profile.
- As you click that dots, you will see two options that you need to choose. And then, click the option which says “view as”.
- Finally, you can view your timeline as a public view of yours.
Other than how the public views your profile, you can also view your profile as a specific person, for example, your boyfriend or girlfriend. To do that, look at the top of the screen. And then, change “view as a public” to “view as a specific” person. After that, you need to type the name of the person you try to impose. Now, you can view your profile as that person.
View As From Privacy Shortcuts
If you want to know how to view your Facebook profile as someone else, other than from profile, you can also use the privacy shortcuts menu. The steps maybe a little longer than from the profile, but it is still simple and easy.
- First, go to the Facebook sites and login to your account.
- After login successfully to your account, search for a quick help menu on the top-right corner of the page. The symbol of this menu is a question mark.
- Click that symbol when you find it. You will see several sub-menu.
- Click the privacy shortcuts menu to go to the next step. When the privacy shortcuts open, there will be some menus regarding your privacy.
- Click the dots on the privacy menu that say see more privacy settings.
- After that, look at the left side on the page and search for “timeline and tagging” option and click it.
- Then a new page will be opened. In the review section, you will see a menu “Review what the other people see on your timeline”. Click view as besides that menu to view your profile as someone else.
Although it seems unimportant, you need to know how to view your Facebook profile as someone else. You need to do that frequently so you will know what the information regarding you is visible to other people. And based on that, you can sort out the information about yourself that the public can view.